Creating a collage with PicFrame of your holiday snaps couldn’t be easier. Simply purchase PicFrame from the App Store if you don’t already have it, pick a frame and add in your photos. You can also apply effects by double tapping a photo, selecting “Fx” then choosing your desired effect. The above PicFrame photo uses Aqua for the left photo and Classic on the right.
There are much more features in PicFrame which you can use to show off your creative side, check out the rest of them here.
A new update for PicFrame has been released today.
- Full resolution saving for iPhone 4S
- Apply effects to individual photos (double tap a photo)
- Frames are now fully adjustable, tweak each area of the frame by dragging the borders that separate them
- Easily move photos to different areas by drag and drop (touch a photo until it pops out then drag and drop into another area)
- Easy rotate/mirror controls (double tap a photo)
- 2 new frames
- 20 new patterns
- 15 new label fonts
- New help screens to walk you through the app
- More resolution options when saving and sharing
You can find out more about PicFrame here
or view it in the App Store here
Wired recently released an App Guide which catalogs and reviews 400 different apps over the iOS, Android and Windows Mobile platforms. PicFrame was included and received a 9/10.
If you look closely enough you can see the PicFrame icon on the front cover – hint: it is shaded blue.
After receiving quite a bit of interest for a Mac version of PicFrame we are happy to announce that it is now available on the Mac App Store.
PicFrame on the Mac is just as easy to use, select a frame, drag and drop your images in, tweak the border size, give the photos rounded corners, add a color or pattern, resize the adjustable frames and save the photo or share it to Facebook.
More information and a link to purchase can be found here.
Due to a bug in the iOS 5 move and scale crop screen we have decided to create our own so we have control of it and hopefully bugs like this won’t appear through iOS system updates. The update with the new crop screen has been released today.
More information on Picfx here
A small update for PicTools is now out, it fixes an issue with the normal blend mode when using custom overlays.
More information on PicTools can be found here
Picfx has been updated with new effects, the ability to share to Instagram and more! It is also free for a limited time only so check it out here.
Full Update Text:
- 10 new Effects
- Faster at applying effects
- Share to Instagram
- Share to other apps
- Share from other apps to Picfx
- Bug fixes
One of the new frames in the update to PicFrame.
An update for PicTools has hit the App Store and transforms the App into a Universal app so that it now works natively on the iPad as well as the iPhone.
Check it out here
- Double the amount of frames!
- Now a Universal app – iPad & iPhone
- Support for up to 5 images in a frame
- Four new patterns
- Easy border color picker
- Added button to clear images – start fresh.
- Send your image to Instagram and other installed apps
- More options when saving to Flickr and Tumblr
- Fixed saving bug
- Fixed others bugs
An optional in app purchase to add labels to the frames to help share your story
- Preset labels to get you started
- Multiple fonts to use
- Choose text and label color + transparency
- Optional round or torn tape style edges on label
- Drag and rotate the label to your desired position
- High quality text in final image